Classical Homeopathy - Treating the whole Person
Homeopathy, from Greek homoeo (meaning similar) and pathos (meaning suffering) is a system of medicine based on the principle like cures like. The theory can be traced back as far Hypocrites (468 -377 BC), but it wasn't until the work of Samuel Hahnemann (1755-1843) that it developed into a usable practice.
Why use Homeopathics?
Homeopathy is the second most widely used system of medicine in the world. Its growth in popularity in the United States has been around 25 to 50 percent a year throughout the last decade.
This success is fueled by several factors:
- Homeopathy is extremely effective. When the correct remedy is taken, results can be rapid, complete and permanent.
- Homeopathy is completely safe. Even babies and pregnant women can use Homeopathy without the danger of side effects.
- Homeopathic remedies can also be taken alongside other medication without producing unwanted side effects.
- Homeopathy is natural. Homeopathic remedies are normally based on natural ingredients.
- Homeopathy works in harmony with your immune system, unlike some conventional medicines which suppress the immune system. (For example, cough medicines suppress the cough reflex, which is your body's attempt to clear the lungs).
- Homeopathic remedies are not addictive - once relief is felt, you should stop taking them. If no relief is felt, you are probably taking the wrong homeopathic remedy.
- Homeopathy is holistic. It treats all the symptoms as one, which in practical terms means that it addresses the cause, not the symptoms. This often means that symptoms tackled with Homeopathy do not recur.
How does a Homeopath work?
In a thorough one to two hour interview, that includes the medical and personal history, all the complaints of a person are taken into the picture (case taking interview ), the physical and emotional symptoms, for example type of personality, fears, reactions to food or weather conditions, sleep, digestion, inherited problems or any possible cause of the illness. After the talk the homeopath chooses a remedy according to the individuality of the person.
The homeopathic remedy will induce the healing process by providing a specific “information” to the sick organism to activate its own healing resources (capacity).
In what cases can Homeopathy help?
Homeopathy can be used basically to treat any acute or chronic illness in people of all ages. For example, digestive disorders, headaches, sleep disorders, skin problems, hormonal dysfunction, repetitive infections, arthritis etc., but also emotional, behavior and school problems of children.